BY DAVID NYE — WEARETHEMIGHTY.COM
It’s the typical Friday schedule: Memes, then shamming, then safety/Libo brief. Just don’t let anyone task you for weekend duty.
1. “Don’t say hanging out in the barracks, don’t say hanging out in the barracks …”(via Air Force Memes and Humor.)
“Hanging out in the bars.”
2. For the Air Force, just finding the gym is worth 50 PFT points (via Air Force Nation).
Using the equipment properly is a senior NCO skill.
3. D-mnit, Schmuckatelli. You’re not really supposed to answer that (via Team Non-Rec).
Now there is so much more paperwork.
4. The Army was trying to help you … (via Team Non-Rec.)
… but you just had to ask for tattoos and black PT socks.
5. When you absolutely, positively need chief to know you’re out of uniform: (via Sh-t my LPO says).
The only way he could stand out more is with a strobe light.
6. Not everyone can be a high-speed, low-drag, turbojet-driven airframe (via Air Force Nation).
Besides, the little guy can takeoff from dirt roads like they’re international airports.
7. “You can’t dismiss my Scottish heritage like this, staff sergeant.” (via F’N Boot.)
He might’ve gotten away with it if it weren’t for the white socks.
8. Never go full Hooah! in a job interview (via Grunt Style).
“Covered latrines are a plus but not a deal breaker.”
9. The Navy calls this “The Coast Guard cuddle.” (via Sh-t my LPO says.)
The Coast Guard: Sort of like a military branch, sort of like a lost puppy.
10. “Never leave a Marine behind …!” (via Marine Corps Memes.)
“… except during colors.”
11. He’s just trying to keep his boots clean for inspection, chief (via Sh-t my LPO says).
If you want to be haze grey and underway, just leave him to his painting.
12. Camouflage + PT Belts = Victory (via Team Non-Rec.)
DARPA is working on a vehicular PT belt that could revolutionize mechanized warfare.
13. You will never be first because the warrant officers start leaving before the Libo brief starts (via Team Non-Rec).
But keep trying.
David is a former Fort Bragg paratrooper who deployed with the 82nd Airborne Division’s 4th Brigade Combat Team.
MORE POSTS FROM WE ARE THE MIGHTY:
We Are The Mighty (WATM) celebrates service with stories that inspire. WATM is made in Hollywood by veterans. It’s military life presented like never before. Check it out at We Are the Mighty.