We tracked down a few memes that will click with anyone who’s using their GI Bill in 2016. Why? Because Military.com and College Week Live are joining forces to connect military members, veterans and spouses seeking to get their degree with well-known, non-profit colleges and universities. Find answers to your questions at the Military.com College Fair.
1. Lots of your classmates think college should be free and think blocking sidewalks at the admin building is “marching.”
2. Boromir reminds you that you don’t have much in common with these kids.
3. Sitting in a classroom full of teenagers can make you feel old.
4. Really, really old.
5. Of course, they’re not sure what to make of you, either.
6. Trying to relate your studies to your own experience can be a bit complicated.
7. And try sympathizing when your classmates freak out about finals.
8. Or think about what your buddies would say if they saw YOU freaking out about finals.
9. Remember, college was one of the goals when you joined the military.
10. You busted your tail to get this opportunity.
11. Your “free” education wasn’t exactly free, but you most definitely earned it!