We’ve got a special edition of memes made for everyone who’s making the transition back to civilian life.
1. You’ve been gone for a while. Things will be different.
2. Don’t forget: you were sure it was time to leave.
3. You may not have a gig lined up, but your time is now your own.
4. Except everyone wants to know when you’re going to get a job.
5. Work on your job interview skills.
6. Keep your eye out for other veterans in the workplace.
7. Just be careful and don’t swap too many war stories.
8. Don’t be surprised if you have days when reenlistment seems like a good idea.
9. And don’t be surprised if they computers are just a little more advanced than the ones you’re used to.
10. And make sure you use Military.com’s Skills Translator so civilian employers can understand why your military experience counts.