The Venator Watch Company as come out with the Reticle, a field watch with a design inspired by a hunting scope and aimed at a military audience. The line comes with a Seiko movement, excellent lume, and prices starting at: $462 for the Reticle Stainless, $525 for the Reticle Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) and $595 for the Reticle Titanium.
That’s a good price for a watch of this caliber and there’s a transferable limited lifetime warranty on all parts manufactured by Venator Watch Company LLC. The Seiko (SII) Caliber NH35A 24 Jewel automatic movement [21,600 bph] comes with 2-year factory warranty, and then transferred and warranted by VWC.
Former Under the Radar correspondent David Reeder has written about the Reticle over at RECOIL and he likes what he sees. In fact, he assigned a more in-depth review over at Breach Bang Clear and it’s a rave.
Here’s some more details on the tech details on the Reticle.
- Available in 3 case materials: 316L Stainless Steel w/ Brushed Finish, 316L Stainless Steel with PVD Finish (Physical Vapor Deposition) or Grade 5 Titanium w/ Brushed Finish
- 42mm case diameter
- Custom domed sapphire crystal w/ inner anti-reflective coating
- BGW9 luminescence
- 20ATM/200M/660FT water resistance
- 41 Hour Power Reserve
- Anti-Magnetic, T7 Torx lug bars (2 Tools Included)
- Water & Air-tight travel case with custom EVA foam insert
- 3 NATO straps included
- In-House service on all repairs and or modifications.
The watches are assembled in the USA and you can order direct from the manufacturer.