BY LOGAN NYE — WEARETHEMIGHTY.COM
After another week of keeping the barracks secure from enemy attack, Pokemon, and —most importantly—the staff duty NCO, you deserve some funny military memes. Here are 13 of the best that we could find:
1. Wait, you can get out of PT just because you’re already dead? (via The Salty Soldier)
My drill sergeant lied to me.
2. Look, some objects on the runway are hard to see. It was an honest mistake (via Sh-t my LPO says).
Do you think it damaged the engine?
3. In the dog’s defense, typing those six words takes him more time than it takes most humans to type six paragraphs (via Sh-t my LPO says).
And he hit all the highlights of the story, though “BAD MAN CRIED” would’ve been a nice addition.
4. Just 3 more years of hibernation and he’ll emerge as a salty civilian (via Marine Corps Memes).
Or a super salty staff NCO.
5. “I just can’t even. Can’t. Even.” (via The Salty Soldier)
“Talk to the hand because the stripes ain’t listening.”
6. Stop your jokes. That’s a vessel of the United States Coast Guard (via Coast Guard Memes).
Respect its authority!
7. That buffalo is only wearing the branch to get you to stop throwing Pokeballs at it (via Air Force Nation).
“I’m not a Tauros!”
8. “I also spent plenty of time studying for my advancement exams.” (via Military Memes)
BTW, why did Pinocchio’s nose grow? That’s a really specific punishment for lying.
9. Be careful. They sometimes hide them under objects on the side of the road (via Military Memes).
Also in potholes. And dead bodies. And ….
10. As soon as a soldier pulls off this move, they’ve won the smoke session, so stop (via Devil Dog Nation).
Unless they say, “You can’t smoke a rock, sergeant.” Then you should teach them about lava.
11. He just wanted to get rid of his Pidgey rank and become a “full-Charizard colonel” instead (via Air Force Memes & Humor)
BTW, yes. There will probably one Pokemon meme per list for the foreseeable future. I am trying to keep it to just one, though.
12. Uh, you’re not done until I can see my face in those things (via Sh-t my LPO says).
That joke was funny for probably 10 minutes. That boot was stained for the rest of its existence.
13. “It was my turn to go through the intersection!” (via Military Memes)
“This convoy doesn’t stop, sir.”
Logan Nye – Staff Writer at We Are The Mighty
Logan is a former Fort Bragg paratrooper who deployed with the 82nd Airborne Division’s 4th Brigade Combat Team.
MORE POSTS FROM WE ARE THE MIGHTY:
We Are The Mighty (WATM) celebrates service with stories that inspire. WATM is made in Hollywood by veterans. It’s military life presented like never before. Check it out at We Are the Mighty.