BY LOGAN NYE — WEARETHEMIGHTY.COM
Fact: Laughter is the best medicine and funny military memes cut recovery time from company runs by 15 percent.
That’s not a real fact but these really are funny military memes:
1. How veterans learned to sleep anywhere: (via The Salty Soldier)
The trick is to be physically and mentally exhausted.
2. “Dangit, guys! Don’t tag me when I’m drunk!” (via Sh-t my LPO says)
A couple rounds of sweepers and some haze gray and it’ll look fine.
3. Look, if they didn’t want Marines who eat crayons, they wouldn’t have made crayons so easy to open (via Team Non-Rec).
Besides, crayons are delicious.
4. Military footwear costs a lot of money for very little fashion (via Pop Smoke).
I would definitely try a pair of Air Jordan combat boots. Just sayin’.
5. Civilian resumes are really hard to fill out (via Coast Guard Memes).
Probably best to just list “Day Drinker” as your prior occupation.
6. I was going to disagree, and then I noticed he was wearing awesome sunglasses while firing (via Military Memes).
This guy might give King Abdullah a run for his money.
7. This is the only acceptable pun in the military: (via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
And it’s only acceptable because nobody can stop A 10.
8. Happy birthday, U.S. Coast Guard! (via Coast Guard Memes)
Now, get back to work.
9. When you have too many floating fortresses to use all of them: (via Navy Crow)
Hats off to the salty sailors who crewed it.
10. Man, the dark side has gotten pretty obsessed with paperwork (via Air Force Memes & Humor).
“Between the CAS and a urinalysis, nothing can stop us!”
11. I know this is a screenshot from the game, but the chance to shoot custom targets on the range might have gotten me to re-enlist.
I would’ve gone with stormtroopers and AT-ATs instead of Pokemon, but still.
12. Always wanted to see this happen: (via Sh-t my LPO says)
To someone else, of course.
13. Doesn’t look so devilish on top of a horse (via Devil Dog Nation).
But for real, “Marines can ride horses into battle” would probably get some recruits from other branches to switch.
Logan Nye – Staff Writer at We Are The Mighty
Logan is a former Fort Bragg paratrooper who deployed with the 82nd Airborne Division’s 4th Brigade Combat Team.
MORE POSTS FROM WE ARE THE MIGHTY:
We Are The Mighty (WATM) celebrates service with stories that inspire. WATM is made in Hollywood by veterans. It’s military life presented like never before. Check it out at We Are the Mighty.